IEC Home Researchers Health and Safety Medical Expenses

Medical Expenses

Person who has not enrolled in health insurance scheme is required to pay whole medical treatment expenses. If you have overseas travel insurance, please consult with your insurance company to confirm either you can use the insurance at clinic and hospital in Japan to get medical treatment or not.

Furthermore, in case you are UEC employee, there is a program called workers' accident compensation insurance, in which you can receive compensation based on designated standards if you are injured during work or during your commute to work (coordinating desk: Staff Welfare Section, Personnel and Labor Affairs Office).

Created: December 13, 2017 / Last modified:December 13, 2017