CIPE Home Researchers ×02Immediately After Arrival in Japan Opening a Bank Account

Opening a Bank Account

To receive your salary and travel expenses, you will need a Japanese bank account (UEC does not send payment to overseas bank accounts).  To open an account at a bank, please bring your Residence Card (or Certificate of Registered Items in the Foreign Resident Registry), passport, name stamp and UEC staff ID card.

Created: March 30, 2010 / Last modified:October 14, 2014