IEC Home Researchers Before Coming to Japan Accompanying Family Members

Accompanying Family Members

While international researchers stay in Japan with a Professor or Cultural Activities visa status, their family members (spouse or children) can obtain a Dependent visa to reside in Japan.

UEC provides the service to complete necessary procedures for CoE application for accompanying family members for getting a dependent visa if international researchers come to Japan with their family members. If you are planning to bring your family member with you and would like to ask us to do the procedure on behalf of you, please make a request through your host faculty member at UEC as early as possible.

For information on bringing the family members to Japan after the international researcher himself/herself has come, please read “Family Members

Created: December 13, 2017 / Last modified:December 13, 2017