IEC Home Researchers Procedures after Arrival/ During Your Stay Opening a Bank Account

Opening a Bank Account

To receive your salary and travel expenses, you will need a Japanese bank account (UEC does not send payment to overseas bank accounts). To open an account at a bank, please bring your Residence Card (or Certificate of Registered Items in the Foreign Resident Registry), passport, name seal and UEC staff ID card.

Name Seal (Inkan or Hanko)

In Japan,  name seal is used as a sign of confirmation when finalizing contracts and completing procedural forms.
*Note: Name seal is required when you open a bank account in Japan.

Created: December 13, 2017 / Last modified:December 13, 2017