IEC Home Researchers Before Coming to Japan Credit Cards

Credit Cards

Although non-Japanese (excluding permanent resident foreigner) cannot make a credit card issued by bank in Japan, it is possible you have a credit card if you join the UEC Co-op (university cooperative) membership. However, in some cases, an application is rejected. It is recommended one possible way that you acquire a credit card before coming to Japan if you plan to use one. The common types of credit cards used in Japan are VISA and Master Card; shops that accept American Express and Diners Club are more limited in number.

Withdrawal Money Using Overseas’ Credit or Cash Cards

Cash can be withdrawn using many credit cards and cash cards issued overseas at automated teller machines (ATMs) of post office (Japan Post Bank) or SEVEN BANK ( at convenience stores).

Japan Post Bank

Created: December 13, 2017 / Last modified:December 13, 2017