CIPE Home Researchers ×04Health and Safety Medical Expenses and National/Social Health Insurance

Medical Expenses and National/Social Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Upon enrollment in the Health Insurance scheme, an insurance card will be issued for you. If you show your insurance card at the reception counter when receiving treatment at a medical institution, you need to pay only 30% of the total medical fee.

If the personally borne expense paid at a medical institution exceeds a designated amount, you can be reimbursed at a later date for the excess. Notification is sent to you in this case. In the case of hospitalization, if you show the hospital your Certificate of Maximum Payable Amount, then medical expenses can be kept down to a designated amount. If it becomes definite that you need to be hospitalized, please apply for this certificate at your local municipal office.

Furthermore, there is a program called workers’ accident compensation insurance, in which you can receive compensation based on designated standards if you are injured during work or during your commute to work (coordinating desk: Staff Welfare Section, Personnel and Labor Affairs Office).

Created: March 30, 2010 / Last modified:June 10, 2014