CIPE Home Researchers ×01Before Coming to Japan Accompanying Family Members

Accompanying Family Members

While international researchers can stay in Japan with a Professor or Cultural Activities visa status, their family members (spouse or children) can obtain a Dependent visa to reside in Japan.

UEC offers proxy application services for the Certificate of Eligibility for accompanying family members if international researchers come to Japan with their families members. If you would like to take advantage of this service, please apply through a host faculty advisor as early as possible.

For information on bringing the family members to Japan after the international researcher himself/herself has come, please read “Familie Members.”

Created: March 30, 2010 / Last modified:July 25, 2016