Current Students
IEC Home Current Students Everyday Life Procedures Related to International Student ID

Procedures Related to International Student ID

As international exchange becomes more and more lively, the number of foreign people coming to Japan is growing every year. In addition, there is an increasing number of long-term visitors, such as international students. Japanese law stipulates that non-Japanese staying long term in Japan must complete various visa procedures at the Immigration Bureau and resident registration procedures at the local municipal office. It is important that international students at UEC read and understand the following description of immigration procedures and follow the guidelines set out here and those available from the Immigration Bureau and municipal offices.

My Number: The Social Security and Tax Number System

In this system individual numbers ("My Number") will be assigned to ...(Read more)

Point-Based Preferential Immigration Treatment

Point-Based Preferential Immigration Treatment has been amended. What is Poin...(Read more)

Extension of Period of Stay

The authorized period of stay for international students is one year, one year...(Read more)

Status of Residence Changes

If you wish to engage in different activities from those stated in the visa yo...(Read more)

Residence Card & Resident Registration at the Local Municipality

Residence Card A Residence Card will be issued with the introduction of a new...(Read more)

Types of Status

Of the status of residence designated by the Immigration Control and Refugee R...(Read more)

Precautions Concerning Leave of Absence and Status of Residence

If you are considering taking a leave of absence for any reason, please consul...(Read more)

Application for Permission to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted

If you would like to work part time, you must obtain a Permission to Engage in...(Read more)

Immigration Bureau

Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau Address: 5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108...(Read more)